Mar 18, 2009

Goals.

I've been trying to set some goals for myself so that I stop feeling so much like I'm just floating out in a void. My financial and personal goals have been solid for quite some time now, but my career goals have always been a little loose. I only recently decided that web design is a field I want to stick with, at least for the time being. Anyhow, this is what I've come up with, to help me get through the next few years, until I think I will be ready to move onto the next step in life (which is being a little more established professionally, as well as starting a family.)

Financial
  1. Pay off credit cards. (1 year)
  2. Put back 10K. (3 years)
Professional
  1. Learn: photoshop (yeah, yeah), PHP, Ruby. (2 years)
  2. Start freelance business on the side. (1 year)
  3. Find job that allows me to work from home. (3 years)
  4. Start teaching on the side. (3 years)
  5. Keep my mind on what I can do to improve my resume and personal marketability at all times. (immediate)
Personal
  1. Stop complaining so much! (immediate)
  2. Travel somewhere really cool. (2 years)

What are some of your goals for the coming years?

2 comments:

  1. I like - realistic and obtainable.

    I wish I had the possibility of paying off debt in the near future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this list. especially the traveling somewhere cool. i have something similar to this on my blog...101 in 1001. the objective is to accomplish 101 things in 1001 days that are realistic and very specific to help you stick to your goals. best of luck with yours! :]

    ReplyDelete