Mar 11, 2009

Grumpy Gusella

So my cubemate and I were chatting about money today. We're both going through the whole pay cut/layoff scare thing at work, and we've both got a lot of unexpected expenses. Hers come primarily in the form of $3K in new property taxes. Mine come primarily in the form of stupid random crap that has been coming out of nowhere since January. Anyhow, in the middle of one of my embittered tirades, the cubemate goes, "You're so grumpy! You're too young to be so grumpy!"

In my defense, she was laughing when she said it. She, like most people, think it's cute when I get mad, probably because I'm very small and for some reason people find small, angry people funny instead of, well, not funny. And also in my defense, I was just explaining how difficult it is to balance your budget when you've had $8500 in unexpected expenses come up in less than three months.

But...she has a point. I am too young to be this grumpy. Add that to the list of things that I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment