Apr 20, 2009

The Gen X Files asks: Is the Millennial Generation a bunch of Cylons?

How to spot a CylonThe Gen X Files:

"Science fiction has a history of taking on social concepts, from Star Trek with it’s strong social themes to Star Wars which was profiled by Bill Moyers and Joseph Campbell as the modern telling of the Hero’s Journey. Thinking in those terms, of the mythical meaning of the Battlestar Galactica, (which is produced and directed by Boomers and X’ers), I couldn’t help but wonder if the battle going on right now between the generations is represented in the story."

I found this analysis both humorous and thought-provoking. I recommend reading.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! And definitely something to keep me occupied now that BSG is over :( I guess I gotta get me one of those red dresses then (yeah right).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - thanks for the link! I love the "How to Spot a Cylon" poster.

    ReplyDelete