Because I don't really write much about my past or background, I thought it would be good just to give a basic (very basic) history of myself in the form of a handy, dandy list.
- At heart, I'm a small town Texas girl. I grew up in a small town in Northeast Texas with a population of about 1,000 people. My graduating class had 29 people in it.
- I went to the University of Texas. I completed my B.S. in radio-television-film in 2005 and my M.A. in the same department in 2007.
- I love Bollywood. In fact, I love it so much, I did my graduate work in Hindi cinema, in tandem with cultural identity, immigration, and youth culture.
- I have a younger brother. His name is Ben. He's in the air force and is currently stationed in Monterey, CA.
- I used to be a flight attendant. I worked for Northwest Airlines, very briefly. I loved the job and get wistful every time I see a plane flying overhead. But then I very quickly get appreciative of my current job when I can buy groceries!