May 19, 2009

Five things you might not know about me:

Because I don't really write much about my past or background, I thought it would be good just to give a basic (very basic) history of myself in the form of a handy, dandy list.

  1. At heart, I'm a small town Texas girl. I grew up in a small town in Northeast Texas with a population of about 1,000 people. My graduating class had 29 people in it.
  2. I went to the University of Texas. I completed my B.S. in radio-television-film in 2005 and my M.A. in the same department in 2007.
  3. I love Bollywood. In fact, I love it so much, I did my graduate work in Hindi cinema, in tandem with cultural identity, immigration, and youth culture.
  4. I have a younger brother. His name is Ben. He's in the air force and is currently stationed in Monterey, CA.
  5. I used to be a flight attendant. I worked for Northwest Airlines, very briefly. I loved the job and get wistful every time I see a plane flying overhead. But then I very quickly get appreciative of my current job when I can buy groceries!

5 comments:

  1. I think you really have to love Bollywood to dedicate a graduate degree to it. But I love how unique that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No 3 throws me off, really? That's so cool! Bollywood is much appreciated over here, we have lots of Indians in my city :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bollywood is *amazing*! I'm super sad that Portland doesn't have a theatre that shows Hindi films. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow...Bollywood is soooo cool. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool that you did a graduate degree in Hindi studies! My boyfriend is Hindi so I've watched a good share of Bollywood films. :)

    ReplyDelete