Jul 20, 2009

The parents are coming

So my parents are coming to visit for the weekend. It's only for a couple of days, but I'm super excited. That's one of the things they don't tell you when you move out at 18 with no intention of ever moving back: you will miss your parents. Sometimes I feel like hanging out with my parents is sort of my own personal version of native earth...minus the whole coffin thing...obviously. A visit from them helps to restore a tiny bit of my [scant] sanity.

I wish we could visit more often.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. When you're off alone in the real world, hanging out with your parents makes you realize that there is support behind you, whatever you do. I hope you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, yes. i love when my parents come to visit, even if, by the second or third day, i'm ready to get rid of them again (at least in my head). and then as soon as they're gone, i miss them all over. it's a vicious, emotional cycle, and definitely not one i thought i'd be going through this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It means I get to miss my parents someday?:D Have fun with them!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... I'm already in my 20's and still live with my mom...I know one day when I move out I'm going to miss her dearly. Hope you have a wonderful time with your parents. =)

    ReplyDelete