Oct 21, 2009

Getting Comfortable

Every few months, I toy with the idea of going back to school and completely changing directions in my career. I've considered going back for some sort of engineering. For marketing. For architecture. The idea of more school, though, really lacks appeal, and when it comes to making a decision, I find I don't really feel a strong pull in any of those directions. I always come back to the place where I am.

Let me be clear. I am not satisfied with my current job, and in terms of skill level, I've got a long way to go. But I think the field I am in now is generally the right place for me to be.

It's taken me a long time and a lot of struggling to say this is where I belong. I've been dancing around this career path since I was 13 years old, and while it's something I love, I think I've always felt I wasn't good enough, wasn't smart enough or talented enough to make it. But I think I can. There's no reason why I shouldn't, other than laziness or a self-defeating attitude.

So I'm going to do it. This is my career, and the only thing I can do to further my career is to progress within the field. It's time to focus.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog, and I love that we are in the same town! I gave you an award. Come check it out!
    www.apartment513.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you can do it! Good luck, you need to push yourself even more from time to time, that's my life motto. And keep things interesting for yourself too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello

    i also wish you good luck



    dainik bhasker

    ReplyDelete