Mar 1, 2010

Bride brain

You'll have to pardon me. I honestly don't have a lot on my mind lately other than wedding-related stuff. We leave for Mexico in t-minus 13 days. I've been trying to scrabble together some outfits for the warmer weather, since I've outgrown pretty much all of my old summers clothes. I also had to pick up new luggage, buy a new dress and get it altered, and think about all the things I've yet to do, like: finalize a hairstyle, write my own vows, get in touch with the officiant, make a playlist for music during the ceremony.

I've also got about 100 yds of fabric that needs to be washed, pressed, and cut out before our May reception in Texas. I called around to various and sundry cleaners to see how much it would cost to have all of the fabric laundered and pressed by someone else. I was thinking around $100...$200 max. Uh-uh. It's going to be nearly $500. So I guess I'm going to buy a decent iron (mine is a $10 cheapie that doesn't take wrinkles out, even after drenching the fabric in wrinkle releaser) and devote God only knows how many hours to ironing all of this shit (pardon my French) myself.

There are also pompoms to make and wooden cutouts to find and order and bunting to sew.

Yikes.

Then it's on to the Washington reception where literally nothing has been done in preparation, and actually I should be e-mailing the coordinator instead of writing here...

I do have occasional thoughts about other things. Like: the position that I was interested in fell through. Or: I really hope this big all-hands call coming up in a couple of weeks isn't another mass layoff announcement.

But honestly, all I've been able to think about is wedding, wedding, wedding. Expect this to be the case until mid-July.

2 comments:

  1. 15 days??? Wowww. A lot to prepare too! But omg, Mexico..it's so beautiful. Just pack a lot of pretty sun dresses :) can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete